How to plan a wedding in Iceland?
Planning a wedding in Iceland can be an exciting and memorable experience. Here are some steps to help you plan your dream wedding in Iceland:
- Determine your budget: Before starting any wedding planning, you need to determine your budget. Iceland can be an expensive place to get married, so it's important to set a realistic budget that you can afford.
- Hire a wedding planner: if you are planning a destination wedding, it's a good idea to hire a wedding planner who can help you navigate the local customs and regulations. They can also help you find the best vendors for your wedding.
- Choose your location: Iceland has many beautiful locations for a wedding, such as waterfalls, glaciers, and black sand beaches. Research different locations and choose the one that suits your style and budget. Keep in mind that the weather can be really unpredictable, having plan B is essential.
- Book your venue: Once you have chosen your location, you need to book your venue. Iceland has many wedding venues, from luxury hotels to rustic barns. It's essential to book your venue well in advance as they can fill up quickly, especially during peak wedding season.
- Choose your vendors: You will need to choose vendors for your wedding, such as a photographer, caterer, florist, and transportation. Your wedding planner can help you find reputable vendors in Iceland.
- To get legally married in Iceland, you will need to provide certain documents and meet specific requirements. Ask your wedding planner to help you out with the documents.
Planning the wedding of B&J was truly amazing. Really relaxed and lovely couple. With their close friends and family they were coming from USA to get officially marry in Iceland. Everything was right on track, only one day before the wedding big storm was arrived and all the roads were closed (something to keep in mind that its happen in Iceland quit often). So we needed to come up with the solutions as the make up artists and the wedding officiant couldn't make it. Due weather the ice cave (were we supposed to have the ceremony) was also not reachable. Moving the wedding to another date wasn't an option as some of the guests were traveling back home the next day.
I really must say that the couple was really AMAZING, trusting us to come up with the best solution possible in that situation. At the end I did the make up of the bride (masterclass I took for my own make up was really handy ;)), her cousin did the hair. I have managed to find a priest that was able to do the legal ceremony at the most intimate beautiful church. It as an adventure for sure, but everything was just the way it supposed to be!